Click Image for Gallery
Available in 100mm and 140mm Dense Weight Block - Pack Size 9m2
140mm 3.5N Medium Dense Weight Block - Pack Size 6m2
Interlyte Masonry Units
Light to medium dense weight units
Manufactured from selected lightweight materials
Available in solid, cellular and hollow forms
General purpose all round performance units
Work Face 440mm x 215mm
Strengths 3.6 - 17.5 N/mm2
Strong background for plastering / rendering
Close texture finish available for walls built fair or painted
Manufactured to BS EN 771-3 and associated test standards
A general purpose masonry unit of low to medium density, available in strengths from 3.6N/mm2 to 17.5N/mm2. The standard unit has a textured face providing a good key which is ideal for plastering, dry lining and rendered finishes.
Interlyte Close Textured units are manufactured for walls built fair or painted. The colour of this unit is light to dark grey.
Interlyte masonry units are suitable for the following uses:-
- Below DPC level including use in sulphate soil classes DS-1, DS-2 and DS-3, using 7.3N/mm2 strength Interlyte units.
- Internal partition walls, loadbearing and non-loadbearing.
- Outer and inner leaves of cavity walls, in conjunction with cavity insulation.
- Loadbearing walls, masonry units available up to 17.5N/mm2 strength, suitable for construction up to 5 storeys depending on design.
- Infill units for use in conjunction with concrete beam and block floors.
- Close Textured units for walls built fair or painted.
- Hollow units for walls requiring lateral force and retaining walls with vertical reinforcement in cores.
- Separating and party walls in accordance with Part E Building Regulations, see heading Sound Insulation.